How To Connect PS4 Controller To iPhone? If you love playing games on the go but want more control over the game that you can get from your phone’s touch screen, then you’re in luck. Because iOS 13 and the latest iOS 16 versions allow you to connect a PlayStation controller to your iPhone via Bluetooth. However, you can also do this with an iPad and some Xbox controllers. But, we’re going to focus on how to connect your PS4 DualShock controller to your iPhone.
How To Connect PS4 Controller To iPhone?
- Ensure that your iPhone has iOS 13 or later installed.
- Turn on your PS4 controller by pressing and holding the “PS Button” and the “Share Button” until the light on the controller starts blinking.
- On your iPhone, go to the “Settings” app and select “Bluetooth”.
- Turn on “Bluetooth” if it is not already turned on.
- Your iPhone should now scan for available devices. Look for “Wireless Controller” or “DualShock 4” in the list of available devices and select it.
- Your iPhone will now connect to the controller. Once connected, the light on the controller should stop blinking and remain a solid color.
- You should now be able to use your PS4 controller to play games on your iPhone.
If you want to connect your PS4 controller to the iPad instead, follow the same steps.
Note: Not all games support controller input. So make sure to check the game’s requirements before trying to use a controller.
How to Troubleshoot a PS4 Controller That Won’t Connect to iPhone?
- Make sure your PS4 controller is fully charged.
- Turn off Bluetooth on your iPhone, and then turn it back on.
- Put your PS4 controller into pairing mode by holding down the PS button and the Share button at the same time until the light on the controller starts flashing.
- If your DualShock 4 controller connects. But you still see the “connection failed”, then hold down the PlayStation button and wait for it to connect.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > Bluetooth and wait for your PS4 controller to appear in the list of available devices. When it does, tap on it to connect.
- If your PS4 controller still won’t connect, try resetting the controller by using a small object like a paper clip to press the reset button on the back of the controller.
- Make sure you don’t have any other devices connected, as there are limits on how many devices can be connected at the same time.
- If none of these steps work, it’s possible that your PS4 controller is faulty and may need to be replaced.
I hope these steps help you to troubleshoot your PS4 controller connection issue with your iPhone.
Also Read: How To Connect AirPods To MacBook