How to do hanging indent on google docs?
To create a hanging indent in Google Docs, you can follow these steps:
- Open your Google Docs document in a web browser.
- Select the text or paragraph that you want to apply a hanging indent to. You can click and drag your cursor to highlight the desired text, or simply place the cursor at the beginning of the paragraph.
- On the top menu, click on the “Format” tab.
- From the “Format” drop-down menu, select “Paragraph styles.”
- In the “Paragraph styles” submenu, hover over “Normal Text” or any other paragraph style you have applied to the selected text. So, this will display a small arrow icon on the right side.
- Click on the arrow icon to expand the options for the selected paragraph style.
- In the expanded options, click on the right-aligned triangle icon labeled “More options.”
- A dialog box will appear with additional settings for the paragraph style. So, look for the “Indentation” section.
- Under the “Special indent” category, locate the “Hanging” option. So, click on the dropdown menu next to it and choose the desired measurement for the hanging indent, such as 0.5 inches or 1 centimeter.
- Once you’ve set the desired hanging indent measurement, click the “Apply” button.
The selected text or paragraph will now have a hanging indent applied to it. Thus, the first line of the paragraph will start at the left margin, while the subsequent lines will be indented according to the specified hanging indent measurement.
Note that if you want to apply a hanging indent to multiple paragraphs or an entire document, then you can select the paragraphs or use Ctrl+A (Cmd+A on Mac) to select the entire document before following the steps mentioned above.
By using hanging indents, you can format your text in Google Docs to create professional-looking documents with clear distinctions between paragraphs.